Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake is just as delicious as it sounds. Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, and zucchini. This is the best way to eat zucchini.
Family recipes are the best, right?! And this Chocolate Zucchini Cake recipe came from my Aunt Patty, who I am sure got it from my grandma. I just added my favorite frosting and chocolate chips to give it a little up date. And I am sure it will continue to be passed down from generation to generation because it is that delicious.
My entire reasoning ever for planting zucchini in my garden is to make this cake. I was sad that we sold our house this summer, so there was no zucchini from my garden for me, but thank goodness for friends. One of my friends Erin, she blogs over at Dinner, Dishes and Dessert planted one too many plants, so I will be getting her extra zucchini. YAY for me!
I seriously love zucchini. Whether in bread, pasta, enchiladas, fried, floured, really any way you can prepare it, I love it! But in all honesty I am a sugar freak, so adding chocolate to one of my favorite vegetables is like a dream come true. This Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake is so easy to make, gorgeous and everyone who has ever tried it loves it.
You can’t continue the summer & fall season without trying this beautiful Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake and I know my aunt and grandma would agree.
Enjoy! XOXO San
How do you make Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake?
Grease and flour bundt pan and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Blend together sugar, oil and eggs in a stand mixer or a bowl with a hand mixer.
In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, cocoa, and cinnamon and baking powder.
With the mixer on medium mix in the flour mixture.
Then slowly add milk and zucchini. Mix until well combined.
Pour into prepared bundt pan.
Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes.
Glaze – In a double boiler over medium heat combine butter, chocolate chips and honey. Stir until completely melted and well incorporated. Drizzle over cooled cake. Then sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
My favorite kitchen tools used to make this Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake:
KITCHENAID MIXER: I love my KitchenAid mixer and use it almost daily. For cookies, bread, sauces, frostings and dough – I find many recipes that I can use my Kitchen Aid to reduce prep time. I have two that I couldn’t live without.
HAND MIXER: I love these for small batches or quick and easy recipes that don’t require a lot of, ingredients. I love that you can have so many color options now, I love personally love teal
MIXING BOWLS: I love having a variety of sizes of mixing bowls. From small to large, I find that having at least 3 bowls of different sizes has been essential in my kitchen. I prefer Pyrex because of the durability.
BUNDT PAN: A must have for this recipe. I found my pan at a garage sale, but if you don’t want to wait, Amazon is the best place to find one.
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.2 cup Ghirardelli cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups grated or shredded zucchini
- 3 tablespoons butter cut into ½ inch squares.
- 3/4 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cocoa Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease and flour bundt pan and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Blend together sugar, oil and eggs with a mixer
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, cocoa, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- With the mixer on medium mix in the flour mixture.
- Then slowly add milk and zucchini. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes.
- In a double boiler over medium heat combine butter, chocolate chips and honey. Stir until completely melted and well incorporated.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake. Then sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.