Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Cake is a layered spice cake with a no-bake pumpkin cheesecake filling topped off with a dusting of pumpkin pie spice.
I love anything pumpkin and not just during the fall but all year long. I do honestly feel a little overwhelmed by the amount of pumpkin spice everywhere, thanks to Starbucks. But when it comes down to it, I love it. Typically like many other folks, I make pumpkin spice everything. But this cake literally takes the cake.
My husband was a teacher for many years and loved every second of it, hence why he is still involved in education. He misses teaching, I know because it is just who he is. I kind of miss it too because I got to know so many of his students and some of these students or kids from his basketball teams have become like family to us. We have made some great friends from his job.
This cake was inspired because one of his past students, Ashley, and now my sweet friend has a birthday today. Her family has owned a local pumpkin patch since 1905 – Bartel’s Farm. We were out there this weekend and she told me that her birthday is coming up. Of course I couldn’t resist when she told me that her favorite cake is a spice cake but to make her one.
So Happy Birthday Ashley – here is a cake inspired just for your birthday. Hope you enjoyed it with you sweet family today.
Enjoy this Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Cake- a layered cake of pumpkin, spice and everything nice. XOXO San
How do you make Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake?
Prepare and bake spice cake according to package directions, allow to cool completely.
Prepare no-bake cheesecake filling.
In a large mixing bowl beat together cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves with an electric mixer until combined and there are no cream cheese chunks.
Gently fold in the thawed whipped topping.
Set in the refrigerator until ready to layer cake.
Cut each round cake in half.
Place one layer on a cake plate or the serving plate you will be using.
Add around 1/4 of the no-bake cheesecake filling.
Then add another cake layer.
Repeat with remaining cake and no-bake cheesecake filling.
After the last cake layer add the remaining no-bake cheesecake filling and top with Cool Whip.
Garnish with pumpkin pie spice.
Set in the refrigerator for 4 hours, to allow the cheesecake filling to set.
Slice, serve and devour.
Store the remaining cake in the refrigerator, if there are any leftovers.
My favorite kitchen tools used to make this Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Cake are below:
KITCHENAID MIXER: I love my KitchenAid mixer and use it almost daily. For cookies, bread, sauces, frostings and dough – I find many recipes that I can use my Kitchen Aid to reduce prep time. I have two that I couldn’t live without.
HAND MIXER: I love these for small batches or quick and easy recipes that don’t require a lot of, ingredients. I love that you can have so many color options now, I love personally love teal
MIXING BOWLS: I love having a variety of sizes of mixing bowls. From small to large, I find that having at least 3 bowls of different sizes has been essential in my kitchen. I prefer Pyrex because of the durability
MEASURING CUPS: Nothing beats a good set of measuring cups that last a long time. I love metal measuring cups because of their durability.
MEASURING SPOONS: I have to have a metal set of measuring spoons on hand. The plastic ones just don’t last long in our house thanks in large part to the garbage disposal.
Pin this to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Cake
- 1 spice cake mix prepared according to package directions
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Bake cake in two - 8 inch cake pans, according to package directions.
- Cool both cakes on a wire rack until completely cook.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves with an electric mixer until combined and there are no cream cheese chunks. Gently fold in Cool Whip.
- Cut each round cake in half, creating 4 layers. Place one layer on a cake plate or the serving plate you will be using. Add about 1/4 of the no-bake cheesecake filling.
- Then add another cake layer. Repeat with remaining cake and no-bake cheesecake filling. After the last cake layer add the remaining no-bake cheesecake filling and top with remaining Cool Whip. Garnish with a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
- Place the entire cake in the refrigerator and chill for 4 hour or until no-bake cheesecake filling is set.
- Slice and serve. Store the leftovers (if there are any) in the refrigerator. Enjoy!