Hot Fudge Caramel Ice Cream Cake is a layered cake made with pound cake and caramel ice cream and topped with the best hot fudge sauce you will ever have.
This Hot Fudge Caramel Ice Cream Cake is decadent and delicious! It’s a beautiful addition to any dessert table and is entirely drool-worthy. This sweet cake would be perfect for a family gathering, especially during the holidays! But you better hurry, the slices go fast!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
With several layers of ice cream and cake, you really can’t get much better than that, right? Yes, you can; add hot fudge.
Each year, every member of my family requests a traditional ice cream birthday cake. Rarely have we ever strayed from my mom’s legendary recipe. But there have been a couple of years that the cake didn’t make it to the table, and we had to head to our favorite ice cream shop to grab one of theirs.
While I love my mom’s cake, I would have to say that the “store” bought cakes have forever stayed in my mind, mostly because they were special treats for my special day. So recreating something that brings an instant smile to my face was easy, using just a few simple ingredients and taking less than 15 minutes to make.
My family absolutely loves this Hot Fudge Caramel Ice Cream Cake. And I love the fact that it is a no-bake recipe using a Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake. But the best part is that you can interchange the flavor of ice cream to make it your own. Friends, the possibilities are endless: Strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, toffee, mint or chocolate chip. Any flavor would really work, but come on, who doesn’t love caramel?
Guess what? The pound cake thaws in only 10 seconds! This Hot Fudge Caramel Ice Cream Cake can solve any dessert dilemma and is truly a dream for my busy schedule. Besides that, this cake is gorgeous.
So whether you are busy running around with the kids like me or working a tight schedule and would still like to share a sweet treat to celebrate any occasion or just a good day’s work, this Hot Fudge Caramel Ice Cream Cake is the answer to your dessert desires.
Cheers to hot fudge, pound cake, ice cream, birthdays, and sweet endings. XOXO San
How do you make Hot Fudge Caramel Ice Cream Cake?
Cut pound cake into 1-inch slices.
Line a 9-inch bread pans with parchment paper.
Add one slice of the pound cake at one end of the bread pan.
Add a layer of ice cream on the side of the pound cake, about an inch thick.
Alternate layers until you reach the other end of the bread pan, ending with pound cake.
Set in the freezer until set, about 1 hour.
In a small mixing bowl, stir together brown sugar and cocoa powder, set aside.
In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, add butter and milk, bring to a slow boil, and let it bubble for 3-5 minutes; stirring occasionally.
Add cocoa and brown sugar mixture, stirring constantly and cook for 2-3 minutes and sauce is smooth.
Immediately remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Set aside to cool to room temperature.
In a large mixing bowl, combine heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla extract.
Using a mixer, mix on high for approximately 3–5 minutes until the cream reaches the soft peak stage.
Remove cake from the freezer and slice into your preferred portion size.
Garnish each slice with whip cream, hot fudge, and toffee.
How do you serve and store an ice cream cake?
To store an ice cream cake, gently wrap it or store it in a box, keep it in the freezer.
Prior to serving, thaw the cake for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator or about 15 minutes on the counter.
This will ensure the cake is at just the right temperature and consistency.
Be sure to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Hot Fudge Caramel Ice Cream Cake
- 10.75 oz Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake
- 1 pint caramel ice cream
- ½ cup chopped toffee or nuts
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon clear vanilla extract
Hot Fudge Sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Cut pound cake into 1 inch slices as pictured above.
- Line a 9-inch bread pans with parchment paper. Add one slice of the pound cake at one end of the bread pan.
- Add a layer of ice cream on the side of the pound cake, about an inch thick. Alternate layers until you reach the other end of the bread pan, ending with pound cake.
- Set in the freezer until set, about 1 hour.
- Make the Easy Hot Fudge Sauce by following the directions here. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Make homemade whipped cream. Pour the heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl, and whisk using a large balloon whisk. I used my KitchenAid mixer and whisked on high for approximately 3–5 minutes until the cream reaches the soft peak stage.
- Remove cake from the freezer and slice into your preferred portion size. I like to slice down the middle of the pieces of pound cake as pictured above.
- Garnish each slice with whip cream, hot fudge and toffee, and serve immediately.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson®. The opinions and text are all mine.