Easy Red Velvet Fudge is a holiday must-have. Made in the microwave & made with only 8 ingredients, delicious fudge can’t get much easier!
This Easy Red Velvet Fudge is my favorite thing to bake on a cold wintery day! It’s a perfect gift for friends or family, or just yourself! It’s simple, delicious, and super festive, what’s not to love?
Easy Red Velvet Fudge is a holiday must-have. Make a batch (or two) for yourself and then be sure to share with your family and friends. What makes this fudge recipe so easy you ask? It’s made in the microwave. No boiling mess, not too many dishes and made with only 8 ingredients. Delicious fudge can’t get much easier!
I am so looking forward to the holidays. I love baking inside on cold wintery like days with my kids. One of our favorite things to make is fudge. I was completely intimated for years on making fudge. It wasn’t until I tried a few recipes in the microwave and double broiler that I realized I can do it and that is it delicious… almost too delicious.
My favorite part of this fudge recipe is the color. And nothing says the holidays like red velvet? Am I right? The bright, rich red color adds holiday cheer to every dessert or cookie plate. And to go along with a traditional red velvet recipe of course I have to include cream cheese frosting! To do that just use ½ or a ¼ of your favorite cream cheese frosting recipe and drizzle it over. But to make it easy for delivery purposes or cookie plates I recommend a white chocolate drizzle, just less mess.
How do you make easy fudge?
Prepare an 8 or 9-inch square pan by lining it with two layers of foil, then gently spray the foil with cooking spray.
In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat butter for 1 1/2 minutes or until completely melted.
Add sugar and half & half, stir well until combined.
Place in microwave and heat for 3 minutes, vigorously stir to combine, then cook another 2 minutes.
Stir well, then return to microwave and cook for another 3 minutes.
Stir once more and then heat another 2 ½ minutes.
Immediately remove from microwave, then add marshmallow creme and stir.
Add milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, vanilla, and red food coloring; stir until smooth and well combined.
Immediately pour into prepared pan, then lift the pan and tap out any air bubbles.
Let it cool completely until set, around 2-3 hours.
Use foil handles to lift fudge from pan before cutting into squares.
How do you store fudge?
Once cut into squares, store fudge in an airtight container and set in the fridge, or individually wrap each piece of fudge in waxed paper.
How long does fudge last?
In an airtight container at room temperature, fudge will last about 2 weeks.
You can also keep the fudge in the fridge, this will extend the life for 3 to 4 weeks.
Fudge can also be frozen in airtight containers for up to 3 months.
Pin this recipe for later to your favorite Pinterest board.
Easy Red Velvet Fudge
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup half & half
- 12 ounce bag milk chocolate chips
- 7 ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce liquid red food coloring
- Prepare an 8 or 9-inch square pan by lining it with two layers or foil and then gently spraying the foil with cooking spray. You can just lightly grease the pan with cooking spray, but trust me the foil trick is so nice when lifting it from the pan.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl add semi-sweet chocolate chips and food coloring, mix together and set aside.
- In a separate large microwave-safe bowl add butter and heat for 1 1/2 minutes or until butter is completely melted.
- Next, add sugar and half & half; stir until combined. Place in microwave and heat for 3 minutes. Then vigorously stir to combine, then cook another 2 minutes. Stir well while scraping down sides of bowl. Return to microwave and cook for another 3 minutes. Stir once more and then heat another 2 ½ minutes.
- TIP you may want to set the large bowl on a plate in case it boils over while heating. This happens every time and the plate makes less of a mess for me to pick up.
- Immediately remove from microwave, then add marshmallow creme and stir.
- Stir in milk chocolate chips, vanilla, and semi-sweet chocolate chips with red food coloring. Stir until smooth and well combined, no chunks.
- Immediately pour into prepared pan and lift pan and tap on the counter to work out the air bubbles. Cool completely until set. Use foil handles to lift fudge from pan before cutting into squares. I let mine set for 2-3 hours. Once cut into squares store in an airtight container and set in fridge until ready to eat, serve or package up for friends and family.
Love fudge? Check out some more A Dash of Sanity recipes.
This post was first seen over at Real Housemoms where I am a contributor.
This post has been recently updated since 2015.