Creamy Bacon Jalapeno Dip takes all of the ingredients from our favorite jalapeno poppers and combines them into a creamy, cheesy, and easy to prepare dip.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigGameSnacks #CollectiveBias
Are you ready for some basketball? In our house, my husband has already scouted his favorite college basketball teams, poured over pages of statistics, seeded every team, and checked out the local television deals, longing for that 55 inch flat screen and talking in that yearly basketball language only die-hard basketball fans would understand.
You see in our house, there are seven of us, and all of us are enthusiastic basketball fans! My husband played basketball all his life and went on to coach high school basketball for about eight years. I don’t know how many hours my kids and I actually spent in the gym watching his practices and games, but it was enough to have people accuse us of secretly training our infants to have perfect shooting form. When our kids got old enough where they could play too, he retired from high school ball and has been helping coach them.
My daughter Jersey, 6, is a natural without our “secret training”, and we are so looking forward to her “career”. While she is only 6, the smile she has when running up and down the court is priceless – a parent’s dream. So this March, while the content on our TV and iPad will consist of basketball stats, brackets, games, and replay after replay (you know how the boys like to watch the same one over and over – I just don’t get it), our time will still be spent together as a family.
That is one of the reasons why I too am a basketball fan – because my family loves being together watching or playing the game, and of course, enjoying classic appetizers like this Creamy Bacon Jalapeno Dip matched with White Cheddar Cheez-It Grooves . These crackers pair perfectly with this dip. Thin, crispy, and just the right amount of cheese, they held up grabbing a big scoop, yet let the dip be the star. White Cheddar Cheez-It Grooves along with Cheez-It Crunch’d (which my kids just love) can be found at your local Walmart, easily located in the cracker aisle.
So whatever excuse you make to play hooky to watch the first round, make an excuse to include this Creamy Bacon Jalapeno Dip. Your fans won’t be disappointed.
Enjoy! XOXO San
How do you make Creamy Bacon Jalapeno Dip?
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Crumble 10 pieces of bacon, and set aside in a bowl. Then crumble the remaining two slices and set them aside in a separate bowl.
In a medium-sized bowl add softened cream cheese, sour cream, 10 slices of crumbled bacon, 1/2 cup chives, and jalapenos. Mix together until smooth and well combined.
Then add all of the shredded cheese, stir together until cheese is well mixed in.
Spoon into serving pan, I used a 6×10 rectangular serving dish, but you could use anything. Just make sure dip is about 1 inch deep, or you may need to adjust cooking time.
Bake for 25 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly and the cheese had a golden edge around the pan.
Remove from oven and serve with White Cheddar Cheez-It Grooves, chips, or assorted vegetables.
My favorite kitchen tools used to make this Creamy Bacon Jalapeno Dip:
This post may contain affiliate links. See my Full Disclosure for further details.
MIXING BOWLS: I love having a variety of sizes of mixing bowls. From small to large, I find that having at least 3 bowls of different sizes has been essential in my kitchen. I prefer Pyrex because of the durability.
MEASURING CUPS: Nothing beats a good set of measuring cups that last a long time. I love metal measuring cups because of their durability.
MEASURING SPOONS: I have to have a metal set of measuring spoons on hand. The plastic ones just don’t last long in our house thanks in large part to the garbage disposal.
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Creamy Bacon Jalapeno Dip
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 slices bacon cooked crispy
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon chives chopped
- 2 fresh jalapenos seeds removed and diced, equals about 6 tablespoons
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Crumble 10 pieces of bacon, and set aside in a bowl. Then crumble the remaining two slices and set them aside in a separate bowl.
- In a medium-sized bowl add softened cream cheese, sour cream, 10 slices of crumbled bacon, 1/2 cup chives, and jalapenos. Mix together until smooth and well combined.
- Then add all of the shredded cheese, stir together until cheese is well mixed in.
- Spoon into serving pan, I used a 6x10 rectangular serving dish, but you could use anything. Just make sure dip is about 1 inch deep, or you may need to adjust cooking time.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly and the cheese had a golden edge around the pan.
- Remove from oven and serve with White Cheddar Cheez-It Grooves, chips, or assorted vegetables.