Copycat Insalata Mista is an uncomplicated, full of flavor mixed green salad dressed with a tangy vinaigrette. This salad will become a family favorite.
Thank you to California Pizza Kitchen Oven-Ready Pizzas for sponsoring this post. #MyCPKPizza
Two things I love about summer dinners: pizza & salad. If it were up to my kids, especially my son Madden, we would have pizza every night. I like to have salad in addition to the delicious pizzas my family craves. Summer is the time of year where you look for easy meals because it’s the season of vacations, swimming, hot weather and if your family is like mine, sports camps, practices and games. So throwing together a salad with pizza makes an easy dinner that everyone is guaranteed to love.
California Pizza Kitchen’s Gluten-Free Oven-Ready Pizzas are my favorite pizzas to get that I can prepare at home. Each pizza is topped with delicious, premium toppings and the pizza comes fresh from your oven. I love both the BBQ Recipe Chicken and Margherita Gluten-Free Oven-Ready Pizzas. Fantastic flavors and both pizzas pair well with your salad favorites. But trust me, this Copycat Insalata Mista along with California Pizza Kitchen Oven-Ready Pizzas will both become usual suspects on your family pizza nights and more.
So whether you’re enjoying the sun, playing at the pool or headed to yet another baseball game. Enjoy dinner at home or on the go with this Copycat Insalata Mista & a California Pizza Kitchen Gluten-Free
Oven-Ready Pizza. Easy. Delicious. Pizza night. Need I say more?
Enjoy! XOXO San
How do you make Copycat Insalata Mista?
Make the vinaigrette by whisking together red wine vinegar, basil, garlic, and oregano in a small bowl or mason jar with lid. Whisk in the oil gradually, season with salt and pepper. Store dressing in the refrigerator while you make the salad.
Toss the greens, celery, tomato, fennel, onion and olives together in a large bowl. Add the vinaigrette and toss again. Top with cheese and croutons, serve immediately.
My favorite kitchen tools used to make this Copycat Insalata Mista:
SALAD BOWL: I love having a beautiful salad bowl to serve my salads in. It makes a real centerpiece for the table and ties it all together, I love wood ones – this is one of my favorites.
MASON JARS: I use large mason jars to store so much in from salsas, dressings and hot fudge sauce to crafts, markers and pens. These are great to have on hand for many kitchen uses.
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Copycat Insalata Mista
- 8 cups spring greens
- 1 celery heart about 6 ribs, cut crosswise into ¼ inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup small yellow tomatoes
- 1/2 cup small red tomatoes
- 1 small fennel bulb cut in half vertically, discard center, but crosswise into 1/8-inch thick half moons
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups croutons optional
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil minced
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup +1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & pepper to taste
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking together red wine vinegar, basil, garlic, and oregano in a small bowl or mason jar with lid. Whisk in the oil gradually, season with salt and pepper. Store dressing in the refrigerator while you make the salad.
- Toss the greens, celery, tomato, fennel, onion and olives together in a large bowl. Add the vinaigrette and toss again. Top with cheese and croutons, serve immediately.
Discover more at CPKFrozen.com