Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Bars – a decadently delicious no-bake chocolate cheesecake with a fudgy brownie base. Top them off with a dollop of chocolate frosting, and celebrate any occasion with these simply delicious bars.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury™. The opinions and text are all mine.
Every special occasion in our home is always accompanied with a decadent and special dessert. These Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Bars are one of those special occasion celebratory desserts.
September is not only about the start of fall or everything pumpkin spice, to me, it’s about back-to-school. Back-to-school supplies & clothes shopping, sports starting back up, new teachers, new beginnings and sweet endings.
Every start of the school year, as a mom, I’m always a hot mess. While I love my kids growing up and seeing them mature into amazing individuals, I have a hard time letting go and moving on to new stages in life.
This year was especially difficult with my oldest going into high school, my second going into middle school, and the youngest three all in elementary. My youngest, Cannon, went into 1st grade, making this the first year I will be at home alone for 6 hours. Yes, 6 hours. While some maybe be excited, I was sad. But the sadness only lasted a few days, and I’ve now started to relish this time alone.
So with all this said, it was time to celebrate a little, celebrating me surviving 14 years with having kids at home at my ankles, celebrating new schools, and celebrating living and loving life. And what better way to celebrate than with brownies and cheesecake?!
My kids love no-bake cheesecake, and I love anything chocolate – hence the inspiration for these Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Bars.
What’s great is these leftovers made an amazing special treat in their lunch boxes too.
I truly believe as a busy mom of five that celebrating doesn’t mean it has to be time consuming and complicated in order to be amazing.
So for my brownies, I grabbed a box of the Pillsbury™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix – so delicious, and with just a few ingredients and 28 minutes to bake, I was on my way to brownie perfection without any hassle.
The cheesecake was also so easy to make. Now these Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Bars would have been just as delicious with nothing else on them, but to me, visually they were lacking.
I honestly wanted to drench them in my homemade hot fudge to further nurture my mommy woes. Time didn’t allow me to whip up a batch of homemade fudge, so I grabbed Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag Chocolate Fudge frosting and added a cute little swirl. These turned out perfect – the pre-filled Pillsbury pastry bag makes frosting so easy, with little clean up and an impressive result, plus it’s also available in vanilla and cream cheese. It has a built-in star tip perfect for creating all sorts of designs!
My kids loved them and were excited to have the leftovers the next day in their lunches. And I was excited because I got to lick the brownie bowl clean because nobody else was home but me.
So this fall, whether you are celebrating back-to-school, a birthday or the upcoming holidays, give these Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Bars a go. They are easy and delicious. And who doesn’t just love cheesecake and brownies?
Pillsbury and the Doughboy want to inspire you to join Operation Celebration. Sign up for the Pillsbury Operation Celebration newsletter to receive baking ideas for Fall and beyond!
Enjoy friends! XOXO San
How do you make Cheesecake Brownie Bars?
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Bars to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Bars
- 1 Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups 60% cocoa chocolate chips
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups frozen non-dairy whipped topping thawed
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl add brownie mix, oil, water, eggs and vanilla and whisk together until well combined, about 50 strokes. Spread into prepared metal pan.
- Place in preheated oven and cookie for 28-31 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack until completely cool.
- Once the cheesecake is cool prepare no-bake cheesecake.
- In a small bow add chocolate chips and heat in microwave for 1-minute. Stir, and then heat in 30 second intervals stirring in between until chocolate is completely smooth and melted. Set aside to cool.
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar and butter in large bowl on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Slowly add in cooled melted chocolate chips, stirring until well blended. Then fold in whipped topping until blended, I get a little inpatient and usually start to beat it.
- Spread the no-bake chocolate cheesecake on top of cooled brownies.
- Place in the refrigerator until firm and set 60-90 minutes.
- Cut the Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Bars into bars and top with Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag Chocolate Fudge.
Ad – This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.