Broccoli Chicken Curry Casserole – a creamy delicious curry dish made with fresh broccoli, chicken, and a crispy cheese topping.
This Broccoli Chicken Curry Casserole is an awesome addition to the dinner table! It’s super easy to make and is a delicious, family favorite!
One of the first dishes that my mother-in-law ever made us was this Broccoli Chicken Curry Casserole. I had never, ever heard of it and I will be honest was a little put off by the cooked broccoli and the fact that it was a casserole. But because it was my mother-in-law, I had to try it and like it…lol. Well at least try it, right?
With the delicious crispy bread crumbs and cheese, I knew I would at least like that. I took that first bite, expecting mushy broccoli and I got the opposite. The broccoli was cooked but not ever done and the creamy curry filling was a perfect balance with the chicken and crumb topping.
This casserole is my to-go-to dish to take to family and friends when they are in need of a meal. One because it freezes great and two it is so comforting, yet not your traditional casserole.
My son, Madden is by far our pickiest eater and he devours bowl full after bowl full.
So advice to all you married people out there, try your in-law’s dishes, you may just be surprised I know I was. Enjoy this amazing dish from Jeanne’s oven to yours. XOXO San
How do you make Broccoli Chicken Curry Casserole?
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place all of the broccoli florets at the bottom of the 9×13 pan.
In a mixing bowl combine chopped chicken, mayo, cream of chicken soups, curry powder and granulated garlic.
Stir together until combined.
Spread evenly over broccoli florets.
Top with shredded cheddar, you can add more or less depending on your taste.
Top cheese with bread crumbs and place in oven and bake for 35-45 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve after letting it rest for 5 minutes.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for Broccoli Chicken Curry Casserole to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Broccoli Chicken Curry Casserole
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 Rotisserie chicken, all bones and skin removed, coarsely chopped or 3 chicken breast, boiled until completely cooked and coarsely
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all the of the broccoli florets at the bottom of the 9x13 pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine chopped chicken, mayo, cream of chicken soups, curry powder and granulated garlic. Stir together until combined.
- Spread evenly over broccoli florets. Top with shredded cheddar cheddar, you can add more or less depending on your taste. Top cheese with bread crumbs and place in oven and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve after letting it rest for 5 minutes.
This post was recently updated since its original post date of February 2017.