Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip – Easy to throw together & addictive. This dip is loaded with bacon, cheddar cheese & ranch, all the fixings of awesomeness.
I am pretty much a dip fanatic and this Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip is by far my favorite dip I have made. I was inspired for this recipe after doing a holiday round-up for 50 of the Best Holiday Appetizers. There were so many delicious appetizers and I knew I was going to make at least 2/3 of them before Christmas. The 5-Minute Million Dollar Dip aka Neiman Marcus Dip from my friend Alyssa was one of my favorites, mainly because it was so easy to throw together. And because we are obsessed with Homemade Ranch Dressing this seemed like a natural pairing.
But since I am not a huge mayo fan, I wanted to play with the base of the dip to make it more suitable for me. So I added sour cream and since ranch dressing is a family favorite, I threw in some ranch seasoning and viola we became instant addicts. The bacon and the cheddar cheese add just enough saltiness to take away the tangy from the mayo and sour cream. The green onions add some depth to the flavor and well after the first bite, I had at least 8 more. NOTE: I am sure Greek yogurt might work as well my friend Brianne uses it in her Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip and it turned out great.
I tried to tell my hubs to back off because we were actually taking it to a party and honestly I was shocked it made it there. I love eating it with a variety of of dippers from crackers to chips and carrots to just with a spoon; not only is this an amazing but also easy. This Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip also works as a fantastic as a spread for a sandwich or roll-up as well.
This Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip will quickly become your to-go-to appetizer whether it be for the holidays, football tailgating or college basketball playoffs. Enjoy friends. XOXO San
See how easy this is to throw together for you next game day party.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for BACON CHEDDAR RANCH DIP to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups mayo I use Best Foods with olive oil
- 1 package 1 ounce Ranch salad dressing & seasoning mix packet
- 10 green onions chopped
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked & crumbled bacon, you can also use bacon bits
- In a medium mixing bowl add sour cream, mayo and ranch packet, stir together until well combined.
- Add in green onion, grated cheddar cheese and bacon, stir together until well combined.
- Serve immediately with cracker, chips or veggies like celery and carrots. Or refrigerate until ready to use, you can make this a day or two in advance.