Healthier Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Easy, delicious & healthy, these Healthier Banana Chocolate Chip Muffinsare ready in 30 minutes, making a great breakfast or snack.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups O Organics Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup O Organics honey
- 1 tablespoon O Organics Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon O Organics olive oil (extra virgin works too)
- 1 1/2 cups ripened bananas, smashed - about 3 whole
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or O Organics Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup O Organics Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup O Organics Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips for topping, optional
- 2 tablespoons flax seed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with olive oil cooking spray & set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, flax seed and salt.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together bananas, almond milk, egg, yogurt (or sour cream), olive oil, honey, and vanilla extract (or maple syrup). Whisk until well combined & then stir into flour mixture.
Stir flour and yogurt mixture until well combined. Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
Divide batter evenly into muffin tin & top with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips, sprinkling a few onto of each muffin batter. Place in preheated oven and bake for 20-22 minutes.
Allow muffins to cool for 5-10 minutes in muffin tin. Then remove and cool on a baking rack. Devour immediately or store in a sealed container once cooled.