Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Dip
Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Dip - cheesy and full of flavor, this easy recipe will be sure to score a win on game day and be a hit over the holidays.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time3 hrs
Total Time3 hrs 30 mins
- 1 1/2 lbs. cooked hamburger
- 1 can dark red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 14 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 large white onion diced
- 10 ounce bag frozen corn
- 4 ounce can chopped green chiles optional
- 20 ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 - 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 16 ounces Velveeta cut into cubes
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro optional
Cook ground beef until completely cooked. If you desire, strain or damp of the excess grease on your beef.
Set slow cooker on high heat and add tomatoes and tomato sauce. Top with black beans, kidney beans, green chiles and corn.
Next, add in all of the seasonings: cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning. Stir everything in the slow cooker until combined.
Add beef (do not mix in), Velveeta and then the milk. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high 2 hours.
Remove lid and stir to combine. Add in shredded cheddar cheese and cilantro, stir to combine. Replace lid back on and cook for another hour.
Remove lid, stir to combine and serve. Keep slow cooker on warm, while you are serving.
If it sits for too long, you made need to add 1/4 cup milk so that it doesn't thicken too much.
Great as a dip with taco chips, tortillas, crackers or even make as a topping to a burrito or taco salad!
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 600mg | Potassium: 356mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 645IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 297mg | Iron: 1.7mg