Slow Cooker Triple Chocolate Hot Cocoa is a rich, decadent hot cocoa made at the ease of your slow cooker. Chocolate lovers will be swooning over this one.
I love hot chocolate, it is a serious weakness of mine. I can never turn down a cup of warm chocolaty goodness. Add some whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles and I am one happy mama. Here’s another of my favorite recipes, Slow Cooker Sea Salt Caramel Hot Chocolate. I also compiled a list of my favorite 50 Holiday Drinks, perfect for this time of year!
Let’s get started with some chocolate…
and more… chocolate!
My kids love hot chocolate as much as I do. We love having this on these cold winter days. In fact, we will be making another batch of this Slow Cooker Triple Chocolate Hot Cocoa today, as currently, it is -6. Yes, you read that right. NEGATIVE SIX! Freezing! It should warm up today, but not enough… maybe to a high of 20. So cold, you definitely need something to warm you up.
Now add some “cream”.
See how gorgeous this is already!
Ever since we made our Slow Cooker Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, my daughter Jersey has been wanting to try new twists with the variety of chocolate chips from the store. So today, we are sharing her idea of adding lots of different kinds of chocolate; 3 kinds to be exact.
(A little whipped cream never hurt anyone.)
This hot chocolate won’t disappoint. In fact, it will become a regular in your home too, I am sure. Or at least it will if you are chocolate lovers too.
Cheers to good company, great drinks and staying warm. XOXO San
How do you make slow cooker hot chocolate?
- Add milk, half and half, cocoa powder, sugar, and chocolate chips to the slow cooker.
- Place lid on and turn on low and cook for 3-4 hours.
- Making sure to stir every hour to make sure that the cocoa is not burning to the bottom.
- Serve with marshmallows, whipped topping and/or chocolate drizzle. Enjoy!
What can you make in a slow cooker?
Dips, dinners, drinks, soups…even desserts!
Pretty much anything!
Check out all Dash of Sanity crockpot recipes here!
My favorite kitchen items used to make this Slow Cooker Triple Hot Coca are:
MEASURING CUPS: Nothing beats a good set of measuring cups that last a long time. I love metal measuring cups because of their durability.
GLASS MEASURING CUPS: I use these all the time – almost daily. The large 4-cup one I use as a bowl most of the time. Mixing together sauces and gravy. The small ones I use for baking, mainly measuring liquids
SLOW COOKER: I prefer my slow cooker to have a timer. This is because I always somehow forget about it. So having a timer and a lid that locks are two essential things for me when purchasing a slow cooker.
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Slow Cooker Triple Chocolate Hot Cocoa
- 6 cups whole milk any milk % will do
- 2 cups half & half or heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 10 ounce bag Triple Chocolate Chips
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- whipped topping
- chocolate sauce
- Add milk, half and half, cocoa powder, sugar and chocolate chips to the slow cooker. Place lid on and turn on low and cook for 3-4 hours.
- Make sure to stir every hour so that the cocoa does not burn on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Serve with marshmallows, whipped topping and/or chocolate drizzle.