Insanely delicious Easy Shrimp Alfredo is ready in 25 minutes. Serve over pasta or devour by way of your spoon; either way, your family will love it!
My family loves shrimp! So any sort of dish with shrimp is a favorite in our home but this recipes for Easy Shrimp Alfredo is by far my kids favorite shrimp dish.
The combination of their favorite pasta sauce with garlic shrimp is lethal and there is a battle every time dad vs kids for who gets the remaining shrimp and sauce. Of course, dad wins every single time.
Besides the fact that this meal has two of my family’s favorite dinner items, I love how easy this is to make. Literally a mouthwatering meal ready in less than 20-minutes.
It is also a meal you can serve with or without pasta, although we much prefer noodles. You can serve with asparagus or zucchini noodles and it will be just as heavenly and a little more on the lighter side. This Easy Shrimp Alfredo recipe is stunning. Just gorgeous to serve whether for a family dinner or when having family or friends over.
It’s also so simple to double or triple this recipe without adding too much more time. I love to use the shrimp that are fresh from the grocer but where they have already done all the work for me, removing the shell and deveining them. I get grossed out by that part anyway so I will pay the little extra to have it done for me.
Tips for cooking shrimp.
- Fresh or frozen? I prefer to use fresh shrimp but the shelf life is pretty short. So if you are not cooking that day buy frozen.
- If you are buying frozen shrimp buy it with the shell on, it will give you better flavor.
- Thawing shrimp. IF you have time defrost in the fridge for 24-hours per pound. IF you don’t have much time just place all of the frozen shrimp in the colander in your sink and run cold water over them.
While you could really eat this Easy Shrimp Alfredo any time of the year, I much prefer this dish in the warm months. You could even grill the shrimp and just make the sauce on the stovetop if you are wanting that smokey grill flavor to be added to the dish, yum!
The next time you are thinking let’s head out to get some alfredo, don’t. Try this Easy Shrimp Alfredo recipe. You won’t’ be disappointed and either will your family. Making elegant dishes that capture the eyes of your dinner mates is always fun. The thank-yous afterward are even better.
Enjoy friends and come back and let me know what you think of this Easy Shrimp Alfredo recipe. XOXO San
How do you make easy shrimp alfredo?
Cook pasta according to package directions.
In a large skillet, add butter and melt it over medium/high heat.
Once melted add garlic and stir together.
Add shrimp and cook for a minute then turn shrimp over to cook on the other side.
Completely cook shrimp about 4-5 minutes.
Remove shrimp from pan. and set aside.
Using the same pan add butter and melt over medium heat.
Add garlic and stir together.
Add heavy cream, white wine, Italian seasoning, and lemon juice.
Bring to a slow boil and allow to cook 3-5 minutes occasionally stirring.
Stir in parmesan cheese and cook and allow the sauce to simmer another 5-7 minutes while continuously stirring.
Remove from heat.
Toss in cooked pasta and serve.
Garnish with freshly chopped parsley, parmesan cheese or Italian seasoning.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for Easy Shrimp Alfredo to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
- 2 lbs uncooked shrimp deveined and shell removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 pint heavy cream or half-n-half
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lbs penne pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet pan add butter and melt it over medium/high heat. Once melted add garlic and stir together. Add shrimp and cook for a minute then turn shrimp over to cook on the other side.
- Completely cook shrimp about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from pan. and set aside. Using the same pan add butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add garlic and stir together. Add heavy cream, white wine Italian seasoning and lemon juice. Bring to a slow boil and allow to cook 3-5 minutes occasionally stirring.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and cook and allow sauce to simmer another 5-7 minutes while continuously stirring. Remove from heat.
- Toss in cooked pasta and serve.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley, parmesan cheese or Italian seasoning.