This Easy Brisket recipe is simple to make and insanely delicious. Rubbed with spices & liquid smoke and slow-cooked until tender & juicy, this brisket is a real crowd-pleaser.
Friend, I can’t get enough of this brisket. Packed with flavor the smokiness cuts through the barbecue sauce allowing you to taste all the different layers of this brisket.
Recently we made a trip to my husband’s hometown, Castle Rock, CO. He grew up there from mid-elementary school age until he moved for college. He loves his hometown. One of his fondest memories is the Star Lighting in downtown Castle Rock.
There is a large star up on the “castle rock” that runs along a major freeway, I-25, here in CO. They have a festival with booths, food, Santa, fireworks, ice-skating, Christmas carols, and a whole lot of fun for everyone. What touches me the most this is one of the few towns that acknowledges Christmas vs the “holiday”.
They pray, sing Christmas carols, and then light the star. Every year they have children submit essays on why the star lighting is important to them, My husband won one year and got to read it in front of the entire town. We now take our children there every year and watch the star lighting with my husband’s parents, brothers, and their families. We love it.
This year though, we were running late due to Nutcracker rehearsal for Jojo, Jersey, and my husband (I know he is the Rat King and a party dad!). We had to watch it on the side of the road, just barely pulling into Castle Rock in time.
While we were waiting to meet up with his family. my husband bought some beef brisket. It was oh, so good. That is what inspired me to find the best and easiest recipe.
Sometimes more work DOES NOT mean better tasting. This recipe for Easy Barbecue Beef Brisket won the hearts of all seven of us in our family, and trust me that doesn’t happen often.
So if you want an easy, delicious, and classic meal for the holidays, try this Easy Barbecue Beef Brisket. The entire family will love it and best of all it is simply easy. The liquid smoke makes it oh so good! Cheers to traditions and recipes that will bring more joy to the holiday season. XOXO San
How do you make Easy Barbecue Beef Brisket?
Combine & mix together: thyme, paprika, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, and cumin in a small bowl; set aside.
Rub the liquid smoke all over the brisket, then using the rub that you just made rub that over the brisket as well, after you have rubbed it with the liquid smoke.
In the bottom of your slow cooker pour in Worcestershire and barbeque sauces; place beef brisket on top.
Cover, and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until fork-tender.
Shred, serve, and devour.
What can you make in a slow cooker?
Pretty much anything!
Dips, dinners, soups, even desserts!
Check out all Dash of Sanity slow cooker recipes!
What to make with brisket?
Don’t forget to pin these Easy Barbecue Beef Brisket to your favorite Pinterest board for later!
Easy Barbecue Beef Brisket
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 pounds beef brisket trimmed of fat
- 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups barbeque sauce
- Combine & mix together: thyme, paprika, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, and cumin in a small bowl; set aside.
- Rub the liquid smoke all over the brisket, then using the rub that you just made rub that over the brisket as well, after you have rubbed it with the liquid smoke.
- In the bottom of your slow cooker pour in Worcestershire and barbeque sauces; place beef brisket on top. Cover, and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or until fork-tender. Shred, serve and devour
The layout of this post has been updated – some of the original images are. Originally posted in December of 2015.