Copycat Starbucks Flourless Chewy Chocolate Cookies are better than the original. A crisp, chewy chocolate cookie made with semisweet and dark chocolate.
These Copycat Starbucks Flourless Chewy Chocolate Cookies taste just like the original chocolate meringue cookie. These are also known as chocolate brownie cookies as they taste just like brownies.
If you can’t get enough of Starbucks treats, try these other recipes too! Copycat Starbucks Double Chocolate Brownies, Copycat Starbucks Chocolate Chip Cookies, Copycat Starbucks Michigan Cherry Oat Bars, Copycat Starbucks Blueberry Muffins and Starbucks Lemon Loaf Copycat.
As these are completely flourless, they are also gluten-free! Check out a few of my other gluten-free dessert recipes: Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies, and 4-Ingredient Pumpkin Nutella Brownies.
Here is the deal with these cookies, once you make a batch of these Copycat Starbucks Flourless Chewy Chocolate Cookies I guarantee you will make another.
My husband literally stashed the cookies away so he could have one every day after work. Which is funny because he isn’t the biggest sweet person, especially dark chocolate. So the fact that he loved these really surprised me. He loves them warmed up in the microwave a few seconds, I like them just at room temp.
Here is the funny thing about my husband and his love for these cookies, one afternoon after heating one up for a few seconds he topped it with a layer of Nutella. Oh. My. Goodness. So good. Rich, but oh so good. If you love Nutella, you’ve got to try it.
My kids love these cookies as well. After our first batch, they were devoured and my kids asked me when I was going to make the next batch of brownie cookies and these cookies really do taste like a chewy chocolate brownie.
A few tips on these Copycat Starbucks Flourless Chewy Chocolate Cookies
- Do not store in the refrigerator after baking.
- You do not need to refrigerate the dough before baking.
- You don’t have to use dark chocolate chips, anything will do but dark chocolate is highly recommended.
- Make sure to only use egg whites, not the whole egg as this is what makes the meringue-like texture.
- Keep them fresh store in a Ziplock bag or sealed container. If it is a little warm in your house, place parchment paper in between each cookie so they don’t stick together.
- To get that out of the oven taste, heat in the microwave for a few seconds, yum!
So if you love brownies, chocolate, Starbucks or well anything just delicious, you will not just love these but you will devour them. Enjoy!
How do you make Copycat Starbucks Flourless Chewy Chocolate Cookies?
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl whisk together powder sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, cornstarch, and sea salt.
Once well combined, mix in egg whites, egg and vanilla until completely combined and the batter is smooth.
Fold in all of the chocolate chips but 2 tablespoons of the 60% cocoa chocolate chips.
Scoop onto baking sheet prepared with parchment paper; 6 large cookies or 8 regular cookies.
Top with 3-4 chocolate chips.
Place in preheated oven and bake for 12-14 minutes, depending on your cookie size.
Remove from oven and cookie on cooling rack for 3-5 minutes.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for Copycat Starbucks Flourless Chewy Chocolate Cookies to your favorite Pinterest board.
Copycat Starbucks Flourless Chewy Chocolate Cookies
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together powdered sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, cornstarch, and sea salt. Once well-combined, mix in egg whites, egg and vanilla until completely combined and batter is smooth. Fold in all but 2 tablespoons of the dark chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto baking sheet prepared with parchment paper; 6 large cookies or 8 regular cookies.
- If you are making large cookies, do 1 very generous scoop, then use your finger to make the dough into a perfect circle. If you are making regular cookies, just do 1 cookie dough scooper full and make sure to spread the cookie with your finger in a perfect circle.
- Place 3-4 chocolate chips from the 2 tablespoons set aside on top of each cookie.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 12-14 minutes, depending on your cookie size.
- Remove from oven and cookie on cooling rack for 3-5 minutes.
Recipe was first published in July 2015.