Adding chocolate to anything makes it better. This Chocolate Whipped Cream is no exception. Spruce up your whipped topping and make it sinfully delicious.
I love me some Chocolate Whipped Cream. Making it homemade, while lethal, it is insanely amazing. My kids love licking the beater, I love licking the bowl. This homemade whipped cream is great for sundaes, pie, or really just devoured plain.
I love this with anything chocolate – cupcakes or even a load of sweet bread.
I really want one of those whipped cream dispensers from Starbucks and one of these days I just need to breakdown and buy one. The kids would go crazy over it as well.
There is nothing like fresh whipped cream with how fluffy it is and well you can add flavor to it, really customizing it to your liking. And really friends, why not add chocolate? I made this Chocolate Whipped Cream for a pie that I am creating for National Pie Day.
I literally had to make a second batch for the actual pie because the kids and I licked the bowl clean, literally. This recipe for homemade whipped cream is one of those recipes that when you make it, you will never buy store bought again.
Because I was inspired for this recipe for a pie, I would suggest trying it there first. But that would be the first and then you should follow it up with cake, ice cream and your favorite warm drink.
My pie world just expanded to amazingness with this Chocolate Whipped Cream and my Chocolate Pie Crust, literally pie for life would be fine with me.
Want to check out the pie that inspired this recipe? You will totally want to make it – Mile High Fudge Brownie Pie! Enjoy friends!
How do you make Chocolate Whipped Cream?
Pour the heavy whipping cream, sugar, cocoa, and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl, and whisk using a large balloon whisk.
Mix until the cream reaches the soft peak stage.
Serve with desserts, as a topping, or jsut eat by the spoonful!
Be sure to pin this recipe for CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Chocolate Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa poweder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pour the heavy whipping cream, sugar, cocoa, and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl, and whisk using a large balloon whisk. I used my KitchenAid mixer and whisked on high approximately for 3–5 minutes until the cream reaches the soft peak stage. If I did this by hand it would take me a little longer than 3 minutes that is for sure.
- You can test for soft peaks by lifting the whisk straight out of the bowl and checking to see if the peak falls if it does, whisk for a bit longer. I like my peaks a little stiffer than soft so I have a tendency to mix it for a minute longer, I like this before I like the look on pies and cakes. If I were to make it for hot chocolate I would do softer peaks.
This recipe was recently updated.